All Blogs Built Environment Leadership

Delegates apply project management in both professional and personal spaces

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

Programme in Project Management (PPM) is  one of the many world-class and competitive courses offered by Enterprises University of Pretoria (Enterprises UP) to equip and empower delegates with the skills to manage projects on time.

Recently, delegates enrolled in the PPM, held a social gathering at Hotel@Hatfield in Pretoria. As delegates enter the final stretch of their programme, this social event provided them with an opportunity to share nuggets of the knowledge they gained from the programme.

Based on international standards and best practices, this programme in its 25th year, includes an array of local content to establish its relevance in the South African context and is presented by experts who ensure that delegates are equipped with a working knowledge of the broad range of disciplines needed for successful project management, as well as expanding the range of their  leadership skills.

Manoshi Mothapo, who is one of the delegates, said “I came here with very little knowledge regarding project management but now I am equipped with all this knowledge, that will make it easier for me to implement when I go back in my workplace.”

Gail Mokgokong echoed Mothapo’s words and added “this programme has been very empowering. I deal with project management everyday but I didn’t have the relevant information. During the assignment I could easily relate the information to what I do on a daily basis in the workplace.”

The course leader, Professor Herman Steyn from the Graduate School of Technology Management, University of Pretoria, who was present at the event, encouraged the delegates to apply what they have learnt throughout the programme to their own workplaces and to continue improving their work.

Kebone Ramasimong, a fellow delegate noted that she often feels disorganised with her work projects and attending the programme helped her. “I just wanted to get more insight but I actually got more than what I expected. You get more in-depth knowledge about dealing with people, even with yourself.” She continued “I come out of this project as better person than when I came in, in the way I understand projects, where we are in our projects and how to implement new strategies.” Ramasimong revealed her plans to further enrol in the Advanced Programme in Project Management.

After successful completion of this programme, delegates will be eligible to apply for the professional designation as a Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM) or a Project Management Professional (PMP) and on the successful completion of the examination, be granted the professional designation by the Project Management Institute of South Africa (PMSA).

If you require more information about the Programme in Project Management or want to find out about when the next intake is, please contact our Client Information Center on +27 (0) 12 434 2500 or send an email to info@enterprises.up.ac.za, alternatively visit the Enterprises UP website.

A

Write A Comment